Is there a type of file you cannot open up / load properly? Or is it those files do not open with the applications you prefer to use? Keep reading and this will lead you to set a default app to load the file!
I will be using .pdf files as an example in this article. This could be any type of files as long as you have the associate programs to load it up. For instance you must have an Office program (MS Word, Goolge docs...etc.) to open a .docx file.
- Locate the .pdf files, in my case they are in a folder within Downloads
- You can see these files are associated with a wrong app
- Right click on one of the files, Choose Open with > Choose another app
- Select an app, in this case I choose Adobe Reader as the default app to view .pdf files
- Tick Always use this app to open .pdf files. Click OK
- Adobe Reader is now the default app to open .pdf
- Choose a different app at Step 4 if you are associating a different file type.
- All Done!