By default, Outlook uses the AutoComplete list to suggest email addresses. It will automatically remember and save the email addresses you typed in the To/Cc/Bcc field, and provide relevant email address when you type. However, sometimes you want to delete an email addresses from the history list.
In some cases, when a user's mailbox is removed and added as an alias to another user. The saved entry needs to be removed for the mail to successfully delivered to the user who have the alias added.
To remove an entry from the list:
- Open "New Email" and start typing the email address.
- The saved email address will show up in the AutoComplete list.
- Move your mouse to the entry and click the "X" button.
- The entry is removed from the list!
- Now type the full email address again and a new entry is remembered!