When trying to start the CloudDesk, you might be prompted to open or save launch.ica at the bottom of your screen.
How to fix this when using:
Internet Explorer displays the following message at the bottom of the IE window:
Do you want to open or save launch.ica…
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools from the menu bar.
- Select Internet Options and select the ‘SECURITY’ tab.
- In the Select a zone… section, click on Trusted sites.
- In the trusted sites section, click on Sites.
- This will bring up the “TRUSTED SITES” dialog.
- For Add this website to the zone, enter https://portal.cloudnetworks.com.au
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
- Restart Internet Explorer and logon to CloudDesk again.
If you are using Windows 7 64-bit you might still get prompted to “open or save launch.ica…” even after having performed the above steps. Please make sure you are starting the CloudDesk using the “Internet Explorer” shortcut from the start menu and not the “Internet Explorer (64-bit)” shortcut.
- In Google Chrome, a “launch.ica” button will appear on the download bar at the bottom of the Chrome screen.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to launch.ica and select Always open files of this type.