You may have a need to export a specific folder in a mailbox to an archive .pst file.
Check out the video and written instructions below on how to do this.
- Open Outlook
- Select the folder that you wish to export.
Note: If you are wanting to export your entire mailbox then select the top of the list name of your mailbox or refer to the video.
- Navigate to File > Open & Export
- Select Import/Export
- Select Export to a file > click next
- Select Outlook Data file (.pst) > click Next
- You can now Press next to export the folder / mailbox selected at step 2 or you can adjust your choice
- Click Next when happy to proceed with your selection
- Select the location and name of the export file (.pst) and ensure you can navigate to that selected location
- Also specify the options in regards to how to handle duplicates I recommend - Allow duplicate items to be created, but it depends on your export requirements.
- Click Finish when happy
- Before the export kicks off you will see the window below. Leave the password blank if you DON'T want a password otherwise set one.
- Once done Press OK to Start the export
- Once the export is complete, you will see the file within the directory chosen at step 10. Good Work!