Passwords to access Cloud Networks resources must meet some minimum requirements.
- Minimum password length is 7 characters
- Most contain at least one capital letter and a number.
To make a password more secure, the following complexity requirements should be adhered:
- Password should not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- The last 3 passwords used cannot be used.
Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created.